Our swim league is completely run by volunteers - only the coaches are paid positions. Therefore, parent volunteers are critical to the success of the swim meets.
For EACH Willow swimmer, an adult must work ONE volunteer shift during the course of the season. Example: a family with 3 swimmers must work 3 total shifts. The shift can be during the Intrasquad meet, any dual meet, or Prelims.
If your child qualifies and participates in Finals, you will be required to volunteer during this meet. We will also need additional volunteers during Finals as well.
Each meet will have separate sign ups and will include all the volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer positions include:
- Timer -each lane has 2 timers and will use stop watches to time each heat. Only the first heat has 2 times. Alternate timers for all other heats.
- Card writer -sits between the 2 timers and records the time(s) of each heat
- Ribbon writer -determines a swimmer's place for one lane and writes the event and time on the ribbon for each heat
- Card runner -collects the time card from each lane and runs to the tent
- Floater/ Back up Timer -may fill in where needed. If all positions are covered, you will be a back up timer and time each heat to cover for missed times in any lane.
- Concession Set up -work an hour before the meet to help set up concessions
- Concessions -take and fulfill food and drink orders
- Grill Master -grill hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken
Volunteer Coordinators and veteran swim families are great resources for all your questions.
Volunteering for the 6 and under meet is limited to families with swimmers in this age group.